Thursday, January 15, 2009

I love Lance

Though this post does confirm which side of the 'Lance' fence I sit on personally, I'm not a fanboy-to-the-end that is going to study his every move and discuss ad-nauseum his personal choices and decisions. With Lance in Australia for the Tour Down Under, the increase in cycling news stories across the board has been very interesting. We've now gotten so far past anything actually newsworthy that the papers are discussing 'what-ifs' and ancient history. To set the record straight, I will not be flying to Adelaide just to catch a 2-second glimpse of the great LA. I may try to catch some of the race on TV and will at least read the daily summaries online. I wish all the cyclists in the tour the best, especially considering the recent string of blazing hot weather in South Australia.

The reason I'm posting today though, is due to one of those 'what-if' stories found recently in The Age discussing Lance and Ironman triathlon. Turns out that at some point we're going to see Mr. Armstrong hitting the long course and going "as fast as I can." Personally I can't wait for that - it would actually be a chance to see Lance for more than 2 seconds and should make for some really good competition considering the age group he is in. There are some other wicked-fast guys in his group and battling it out with them will be fantastic. I'm just glad that I'm not in the same group!

No comments: